Sunday, September 30, 2018

1.5 hour Bingen , Washington 9/29/18

Flying sites in Pacific NorthWest:
Where to learn Hang Gliding in Pacific Northwest:

I arrived Bingen, Washington at 1:30pm today and it was already blowing west 10-13mph at the LZ.   Launch wasn't that windy when I got ready to launch at 3:40pm (Approx 5-10mph), however the cycles was gusty and very unstable that I having a hard time to level my wing. I got up above launch in pretty rowdy thermals and  flew for 1.5 hrs alone. I was able  ascending up to 1,000 ft above launch and cross the valley to the hospital ridge. Thermals were really punchy during my whole flight until I flew over to the LZ and the river. It was very windy at the LZ and l see Kite-boarders were out at Hood River.  I landed on the new field for the first time (photos and Video below).  Rob Andrews decided not to fly.  Thanks to Tim Bugge for coming out to drive and hike!
Pics and landing video: 






















No comments:

Post a Comment