Friday, October 4, 2019

2 hrs 45 mins Oceanside Oct 4th,2019

Flying sites in Pacific NorthWest:
Where to learn Hang Gliding in Pacific Northwest:
 


Today Oceanside report and tomorrow plan:
Super fun at Oceanside today with PG Nick Fulmor , HG Tim Bugge and myself. Nick launched around noon in SW and SSW conditions approx 10-13 mph winds. I launched around 12:30 in the same conditions and l flew for over 2 hrs and 45 mins. I made a few trips to Happy Camp , passed Superman launch , Back Bowl and the Three Rocks.... etc. Altitude gains 1,250ft for me with Nick flying above me most of the time. Tim B launched around 2 pm and flew down to Happy Camp too. We both launched from the PG pad. Thanks to PG Julian gave me a ride to launch and Carmela Moreno who came out to do the retrieve for us.
For tomorrow, maybe Dog, Bingen or Rampart? Currently, Rampart's forecast isn't so great; snow and low cloud ceiling, plus the occasional shower could be an issue. I think Dog and Bingen has a better forecast, I'll double check later..






































































































No comments:

Post a Comment