Tuesday, October 1, 2019

3 hrs Dog Mt (Glenoma, WA) report 10-01-19 Tuesday

Flying sites in Pacific NorthWest:
Where to learn Hang Gliding in Pacific Northwest:



The forecast was correct; it was sunny, light with variable winds. No steady breeze at launch all afternoon. The strength of winds was from zero to extremely light (0-3mph), so the 4 of us (Robin, Travis, Alan Redmon and myself) expected the minimal of getting extended sledders. Well, it turns out that my flight lasted almost 3 hrs, landing right before sunset (Video enclosed). I think Travis and Robin Briejer were up for more than 2 hrs and Alan probably got over an hour flight. Hard to believe with today's condition that we'd made a few trips to Elk, Back Bowl and Radio Towers. The average altitude was between 200-500 ft above launch and a few low save. Unexpectedly, towards the end of my flight I'd encounter some nice lift lines over the lake in front of Elk and got back up to 800 ft above launch. Light east breeze at the LZ when I was setting up a landing approach but I landed in west direction. It was more like a no wind landing. Overall, the day ended better than we could've hoped.

pics
 https://www.facebook.com/pdxrick.lai/posts/10156945000354285

No comments:

Post a Comment