Saturday, November 28, 2015

1 hour (2 flights) at Cliffside on 11/28/15



Today at Cliffside (near Goldendale, Wash), only two hangs (Mark Rabe and myself) and maybe a dozen of paras showed up. Our first flight was more than a sledder. I launched at 12pm in almost zero wind, but managed to stay up for about 20 mins encountering some light thermals on top of the hang launch. Mark R & I both landed by the river and headed back up again. Then some clouds started to develop on the west side in the afternoon blocking the sunlight. At this time, the winds were still really weak (approx 4mph) at launch as I prepared to punch off (@ 2:45pm) and we anticipated another short flight or sledder. However, it turned out quite soarable, so I was able to get almost an hour of great flight. The highest I got was 1,400 ft AGL. Mark also soared for about 20 to 30 mins. Once again, we landed by the river for the second flight.




No comments:

Post a Comment