Monday, November 23, 2015

Sled ride at Chehalem Ridge 11/23/15

Two bags and myself flew Newberg. Jay Z had three flights. We landed around 2:00pm. It was windy with some strong cycles but the air were really sinky. Nobody soar.

The wind direction were straight up the whole day. It was really light in the morning when Jay and I arrived at 10:30am. So Jay took couple sledders before the wind pick up. The weather station on the west side was showing 5-12mph at 12:30pm. The clouds on top were moving SSW direction. We thought it would be soarable because the cycles were strong (straight up) at launch. It felt like more than 10mph winds. Dave and Jay launched before me and we all encountered some strong sinky air on the west side. Once I flew away from the ridge it was pretty smooth and no wind at the LZ. The rain came early and launch were sock in when I left around 3:00pm right after I done packing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment