Sunday, November 22, 2015

1 flight 2.5 hrs flight at Cliffside on 11/21/15

I arrived at Cliffside (Sat 11/21/25) around 9:00am and found a heavy thick fog with really light East winds. As usual, I carried my gear up to launch and drove my car down to the LZ follow with a hike back up. I was pessimistic with the conditions being really light as forecast predicted; however, did my launch at 1:20pm after few paras and unexpectedly encountered a lot of smooth ridge lifts and thermals everywhere. To my surprise, it turned out better than expected with the weather sunny and warm, I flew for nearly 2.5 hrs with 10-15 paras (I'm the only hang). Everyone climbed up easily at 300 to 600 ft above launch and stayed up to their heart's content. I didn't want to pack up in the dark, so I landed around 4pm. Turned out to being an awesome day!















No comments:

Post a Comment