Thursday, January 21, 2016

Lonely day at Ciffside 1/21/16


Cliffside was barely soarable today with really light 3-5 mph ESE winds. The winds were much stronger when I arrived this morning around 9:15am and it lighten down from 11:00 till I left around 4:00pm. I launched at 12:00pm at the paraglider launch and I was scratching 50-100 ft above Paraglider launch for 30 mins. I was alone and my car got stuck in the wet mud otherwise I would have enough time to fly again. So I called AAA after hiked back up but they weren't able to rescue me, for fear of getting their truck stuck in the mud too. Fortunately, a house owner Richard lend me a shovel and a few pieces of hard boards to get my car out from the mud. Richard was also kind enough to provide me a hand in assistance. All is well now, but I had to make a stop at Les Schwab to get my tires re-aligned and fixed the wheels balance. A lesson learned, I'm going to park by the gate next time until the field is completely dry.

Facebook Link:  https://www.facebook.com/pdxrick.lai/posts/10153507304354285











No comments:

Post a Comment