Thursday, January 28, 2016

Oceanside sunset flight 1/28/16

It was an interesting day.  Gabe and I arrived Oceanside around 1pm and found no beach for landing (6ft high tide at 3:30pm) , so we headed down to TDM, Pacific City, then to Newport Beverly Beach cliff launch site, in hopes to find a location where there was enough beach for landing. Unfortunately, no such luck. Also, the west winds were kind of light everywhere. I felt Beverly beach is soarable but Gabe insisted not so I don't want to argue with him. So at 3:30pm we decided to drive back to Oside from Newport. (1.5 hrs drive). Gabe went to Pacific City beach to do some paraglider kiting and didn't join me to Oside. The water wave was still reaching the rock on and off at 5pm when I arrived at the parking lot. The wind at the beach was blowing 10mph straight west so I headed up to launch to check it out. It was zero wind at launch but I decided to setup anyway. I launched at 5:30 in zero wind and found it soarable over Maxwell because of the west wind still blowing pretty good at the beach, so I flew till sunset alone. A lot of driving today, but was pleasantly surprised with getting a very nice soarable flight at Oceanside right before sunset. I'll post video later.

No comments:

Post a Comment