Saturday, January 23, 2016

Sled ride at Oceanside Oregon 1/23/16



Thanks Clifton Westin taking this video for me today at Oceanside, Oregon. The sun and blue sky appeared around 1:15pm today at Oceanside. It was soarable with light rain on & off this morning when I arrived, but no beach for landing. The wind was about 3 mph straight west sometimes NW in the afternoon. Being the only hang glider and about 10 paragliders, we all waited for more beach and wind to launch. Around 2pm, there was enough beach for landing, so I decided to take a sled ride and bags were leaving to Cape Lookout. It was almost zero wind at launch with a tiny bit of WNW cross wind from the right. I landed in north side direction at the beach and headed to Cape Lookout after, but found that the wind was too light and coming from SW at Cape Lookout. I had planned on taking another sledder, but decided to best pack up at 4pm with the rain approaching. Everyone left to Schooner bar for dinner. When I done packing up my gears the rain has stop and the NW soarable winds finally arrived around 4:45pm. It was blowing about 10-12mph and birds were soaring. Since I was alone at launch and glider already packed up so I didn't want to setup again. Paragliders got my texted and Paraglider Dirk came back around 5:00pm and had a great flight. He went straight up to 500+ ft above and flew till sunset.

Launch video: 

Landing video: 
https://youtu.be/ADrjzlb1jwU 

No comments:

Post a Comment