Monday, April 8, 2019

2 hrs 6 flight at Area B 04/08/19

Flying sites in Pacific NorthWest:
Where to learn Hang Gliding in Pacific Northwest:
 
 
 
 
Today Area B report:
It was a last minute decision to head off to Area B (Warrenton, Oregon) today. Although it was pouring rain this morning from Hillsboro to the coast, it was nice to get some sunshine when I ready to launched at 12pm (Rain has stopped st 11:30am). The winds were blowing 10 to 15+ mph SW (very cross from the left) whole afternoon. I punched off turning left and quickly ascended above the dunes with some broken ridge lifts due to too cross. It was strongenough for me to maintain between 100- 130 ft. I soared the whole dune from north end to the Shipwreck (approx 3-4 miles one way). Flying back to the north side was quite challenging due to strong South winds. I was going very fast downwind skimming close to the edge of the sand dunes and was a bit scary. Once I made 180° turned back to south direction it felt much comfortable. I'll post the video later. I top-landed a few times, as well as landed on the beach . I left Area B at 4pm thinking to catch a sunset flight at Oceanside but then decided to pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment