Sunday, January 26, 2020

2 hours Peterson Butte 01/26/20

Flying sites in Pacific NorthWest:
Oregon and Washington Hang Gliding 
Where to learn Hang Gliding in Pacific Northwest:
 
 
 
Peterson Butte Report (1/26/20):
One flight two hours.
It was another strong windy day at Peterson Butte. Pete Owen with his Atos was first to launch at around 11:40 am, while I followed at 12pm in approx 25-30 mph winds. Conditions were stronger than a couple days ago with sunny skies and more cloud thermals. Pete and l got sucked into cloudbase a couple times. I got up to 3,000 ft, while Pete might've reached 3,200 ft. Kory launched himself an hour plus later (also in strong winds). From the air, we watched Pete performed a strong wind top-landing. The winds didn't back down when Kory and I'd decided to land at the bottom LZ around 2 pm. After smooth landing at the bottom LZ, I was able to help Ken M launch at 3:24 pm when I went back to retrieve my vehicle. At that hour, the wind had reduced to 12- 15 mph with Ken having the entire sky to himself, flying till 4:15 pm. The winds at the LZ was blowing 3-5 mph when he landed. No rain and no paraglider show up to fly. Only 4 hangs and few RCers. Great flying again at Peterson! It start raining around 4:30 when I passing by Albany.



















































No comments:

Post a Comment