Thursday, January 9, 2020

1 hour 15 mins Cape Lookout 01/09/2020


Flying sites in Pacific NorthWest:
Where to learn Hang Gliding in Pacific Northwest:

Cape Lookout today report: 

"Most likely my first skunked of 2020"  turned out being a fantastic soaring day for Ray and I.  The wind at launch was dead calm and sometime blew from SW or East (wrong directions) at launch the whole time.  After hours of hang waiting and was about to leave, the NW winds finally arrived at 3:15 pm. It was light but the trees behind the road were moving and a few eagles started soaring in front of launch. Ray and l decided to setup and I launched first at 3:45 pm. It was nearly no wind at launch, but was quite easy to reach 1,000ft above launch once I'd turned left.  Ray launched 15 mins after me and we both got up to 1,800 ft. We cruised around from the end of the Cape to North Point and flew for over an hour. Both of us landed right before sunset in slightly tail wind (and no wind) conditions.  Overall, it was worth the wait as we'd gotten a great flight in at the end.

Few pics uploaded to Facebook 



Cape Lookout OSR 11:15am Thursday
I arrived CLO at 11am and it's still raining now.  The wind is blowing light SE at the moment.  I think we are between two systems and expected winds becoming more west instead of NW due to another southerly system moving in tonight. Most likely it will be my first skunked of 2020

Rick




































































No comments:

Post a Comment