Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Clumsy hang glider Fri the13th report. 10/13/17

Hope others can learned from my mistake: 

4 or 6 paragliders had soaring flights at Oceanside early afternoon in very light and switchy condition. I waited at Cape Lookout for the NW wind, which turned light NW around 4pm so I decided to set up for an evening flight when I noticed missing a Tip Wand. I must've had too much fun on Wed at Area B and left it behind. So l took my chances and drove up to Area B and much to my surprise, it was still there as you can see from the photos. Yay!!!  So glad I noticed while at Cape Lookout which wasn't too far from Area B, would've been terrible if I discovered it while at Rampart, Bingen or Black.....



Forecast was wrong today.  It was blowing light west until around 4:00PM than turned light NW for short time.  Wind were died down shortly.




 Sunset at Area B

No comments:

Post a Comment