Wednesday, April 12, 2017

3 flights / almost 3 hrs air time at Cliffside 4/11/17

 3 flights / almost 3 hrs air time.
Be disappointed if you anticipated strong 15-20+mph winds at Cliffside today.  It turned out much lighter than expected. I was able to soared the light NE winds (not a very good direction) with half a dozen paragliders on my 1st and 2nd flight. My max altitude was about 300 ft above launch, but have seen some PGs getting much higher in the morning.  The combo of my two flights came to almost two hours.

Hang pilot Luis from (North Bend, WA) drove 3.5hrs arrived Cliffside at 3:00 pm to get his first flight of 2017.  I'd joined him getting in my 3rd flight, which turns out being the best one.  Luis and l launched at 4pm and found smooth lifts everywhere, a lot better than earlier and I got up to 1,700 ft . Although, Windmills on top were still facing NE but lifts along the ridge was much better than earlier. Luis and l almost made it to the Windmills on top, but sadly the rain came around 5pm forcing us to end our flight early. We both landed by the river (2-5 mph light East)  and got caught in a bit of drizzle while packing up. 


Video coming soon
 https://youtu.be/htC8Yw2Jqxk




Incorrect predictions
It turned out 3-10 mph wind most of the time instead

No comments:

Post a Comment