Saturday, June 24, 2017

2 hrs Tiger Mt 6/22/17

Travis, Tim and l had great flights today at Tiger. I launched first and flew for over two hours from 1 to 3:15pm (l think Tim and Travis got almost 2 hrs).  Thanks for the drive and retrieve guys!

During the first hour, we were only able to climb to 500 ft above and sometimes below launch. Then suddenly Tim and l got hooked up with a few monster thermals that propelled us to 2k above launch. I crossed the valley to the north ridge and l can easily made it to the hospital LZ.   I flew to the towers for the first time and was able to see Mt Si clearly and maybe even Rampart if I'd pushed myself a bit more. This was probably my best flight compared to all the previous Tiger flights.  Winds were strong , thermals punchy and mixed with big amounts of sinky air, so the three of us had the whole sky to ourselves most of the time. A lot of arm workout for over two hrs so I'm very tired.  Landing conditions were pretty much dead calm with a few thermal cycles that made for switchy wind.  All of us had great soft landings. 














No comments:

Post a Comment