Tuesday, June 13, 2017

7 hrs and 15 mins flight at Cape Lookout 6/11/17 Sunday



The winds at CLO was pretty much dead calm this morning, but then suddenly started blowing strong at 12:30pm. About 5 or 6 paragliders got their flights in when wind conditions dialed down in the evening.

I flew for over 7 hrs, launching at 12:50 and touched down at 8pm.  I didn't expect to break my record from last week of 6 hours so soon. The lifts kept getting better so I was able to surf above the fluffy clouds for hours between 2500 to 2800ft over the North Point.

Report from Greg K:
It was indeed an awesome day at Cape Lookout, the kind that spoils you. Pretty easy to fly from the west tip of the cape to the north end of the ridge. Magic lift to over the clouds, a look at the glory/rainbow/shadow in the clouds. I launch just before 5 PM and only flew a bit more than an hour and a half, but Rick must have been determined to break (actually smash to smithereens) his personal record flight time that he set last Sunday as he was still flying, with both Steve and Alex up there too, when I drove away. Way better day than last Sunday IMHO, more juice, more thermic (yes there were a few that I circled in and climbed), more area to fly. Didn't get as high as Ray, probably only about 2300 or so. It was a bit chilly at altitude and although I had a bit more on than last week, still was chilled before I landed. Sweet spring flying for sure.
Greg

Report from Ray B: 
There was some beach all day. I flew for 4 hours 36 minutes and max altitude almost 3000. Rick maybe getting 8 hours today as he was still up after I landed and someone to fly with besides me. Paragliders landed early but rejoined the flying about 6:00. Not sure why as it was 340 and 18 mph most of day. Ray Others arrived and started flying after 5 o'clock. Awesome day. Ray


















No comments:

Post a Comment