Thursday, June 22, 2017

6 hrs 2 flights at Dog 6/21/17


 My last flight with John Benedict. RIP John!

Dog was really good yesterday (6/21/17 Wednesday). I had two flights, maximum altitude over 4000ft and total of 6+ hours air time.
(photo enclosed).

1st flight:  Myself and Robin launched around noon in strong SW condition (13-15mph)  and flew for over 2 hrs. Made it to Elk and south bowl.  Approx 800 ft above launch. Eric O came out weeds whacking launch and LZ. Thanks Eric !

2nd flight:  Only myself and 4 paras (Dave B, Greg, John, Andrew).  I launched at 4:30pm and flew for almost 4 hours. The wind were still very strong out of west and NW.    I have the whole sky to myself for couple hours, went to Elk and radio towers got over 4000ft. The winds finally mellowed down and turned north so four paragliders were able to fly. Two paras joined me found an abandant lifts over Elk.   Awesome evening flight.

I left Dog at 10pm and will be flying Tiger Mtn today. ETA Tiger LZ in the morning. radio channel 158.400














1 comment: