Tuesday, March 6, 2018

2 flights 4 hrs Cliffside 3/6/18



I was the only hang glider today at Cliffside with about 15 plus paragliders. There were already a few PGs above launch while I was hiking up around 11:30. I launched at 1:15 and landed at 2:40. The winds was light therefore not much of a ridge lift kind of day, but there were some solid thermals on and off especially over the old hang launch area. The highest I got was 1,800ft on the NW side way behind the launch. While heading back to launch, sometimes l'd sank out below launch level, then climbed back up again over the hang launch; a repeated pattern for over an hour. Almost zero wind at the LZ by the river when I landed. Mark Rabe came by and gave me a ride up for the second flight, which I couldn't refuse such an offer, so I flew again from 4:15 to 6 sunset. Everyone flew and cruised effortlessly around a few hundred feet above launch till sunset with a few PGs making it to the wind turbines. My max attitude was 1,500 ft.

No comments:

Post a Comment