Wednesday, March 14, 2018

4 hour and 15 mins flight at Oceanside Oregon 3/14/18



Today we had 5 hangs (Bob, Neil, Pete, Ray, myself) and 1 bag (Mark S) at Oceanside and everyone had at lease two hours plus awesome air times. I launched at 2pm and flew for 4 hours and 15 mins. The best altitude gain was around 1,700ft over the back bowl.

Ray report: 
Perfect Oceanside day all around, we were afraid you weren't going to make it Rick. 4 hours plus, yikes. Plenty beach, good winds approx. 15 mph, no squalls, and good company. Mark Sanzone made it down to Happy Camp first and back to Oceanside, showing us the way. Pete Owens from Corvallis showed up at Oceanside, his last flight there was 10-12 years ago. My flight was 2 hours 42 minutes again, same as last Saturday at Cliffside. Neil and Bob had about the same. Good times, Ray
 
Report from Mark Sanzone: 
Oceanside was great today.  Full sunshine with just a few clouds passing. I got 500+ over launch, easy flight to Happy camp and back.  I flew almost 2 1/2 hours (bladder limitation).

Rick launched his hang glider at 2 pm and was still in the air at 6 when I left. Unusual day as I was the only PG flying with 5 hangs. 

Mark





























No comments:

Post a Comment