Monday, March 19, 2018

2 hrs flight at Cape Lookout 3/19/18

 Hang gliding 2 hours flight at Cape Lookout with Scott Rutledge 3/19/18

Two paragliders (John Kraske, & Jay) and two Hang gliders (Scott Rutledge & myself) had a great flight today at Cape Lookout.  Scott and l arrived launch around 2pm and there were no beach (high tide at 3pm). The tide didn't receded until around 5pm.  The winds direction more NNW today and it was blowing straight north when I landed at 6pm. It was very light at launch however both pgs showed it was soarable when they took off at 3.  The winds was remained really light when l launched at 4.  The gain was slow with no sink but once we cross the gap we climbed up to 1,600ft.   I flew for 2 hours from 4-6pm.   Scott launched right after me and I think he flew for over an hrs. Beautiful day as you can view from the photos l uploaded to FB.


FB photos:
https://www.facebook.com/pdxrick.lai/posts/10155681903254285





No comments:

Post a Comment